Created by: Chris Aceto
Duck and Weave is an action platformer akin to Metroidvania titles in its design and Megaman X in its mechanics. The player gathers upgrades to boost their abilities. These abilities explore many classic action-platformer tropes such as wall jumping and double jumping. Beyond platforming, the player also has a select few attacks to deal with the various enemies in the game; these attacks can be upgraded as well, both in damage and range.
At the beginning of each level, the player starts with no upgrades and must build up to the goal.
The upgrades allow more exploration and combat opportunities which are sometimes essential to a level's completion.
- A and D (or arrow keys) to move
- Space to Jump
- J to Dash/Hover
- i to punch
- O to kick
- Enter/Return to switch modes (requires certain upgrades)
- Joystick to move
- A to jump
- X to kick
- Y to punch
- Left bumper to Dash
- Right bumper to swtich modes (requires certain upgrades)
- Attacks can reflect projectiles
- Red boxes hurt, health at top left
- Some pillars can be destroyed with attacks
- "Platform" mode for standard platforming and wall jumping
- "Flight" mode replaces dash with hover, can move freely while hovering
- "Roller" mode speeds player up, makes controls more slippery, dash is also an invincible attack